OUR FAVORITE PLACES
- At noon: the restaurants of the beach La Perle, are nice ! Good restaurant at Jardin Botanique with nice view (also a snack)
- Restaurant at Botanical Garden: superb setting and good food. Snack for those in a hurry.
- On the go: try the Bokits (delicious local sandwiches) made in the pickup truck in front of the Deshaies stadium from 11h to 15h. And also at the snack bar of the botanical garden.
- kaz à Pat : sublime inventive burgers, lionfish fish & ships, tataki tuna … only fresh, good, noon and night, on the spot or to take away. The good plan of Deshaies!
- Have a drink : at Taïnos, atypical and magical place completely to the right of Grand Anse. Madras facing the sea in Deshaies, filming location of the series “Death in Paradise”.
- Evening restaurants : Le Paradise Café on the beach, Asian fusion & Caribbean – La Mahïna (Creole cooking and pizzas) – Le Madras, terrace facing the sea on the right of the bay (Creole cuisine). More gourmet : La Savane.
- Typical : chez Lelette, on the beach near the parking in Deshaies.
OUR FAVORITES BEACHES
- La Perle (7 km, towards Sainte-Rose)
- Petite Anse (2-3 km after Ferry, direction Pointe Noire) – beautiful snorkeling !
- Leroux (just out of Ferry) – beautiful snorkeling !
OUR FAVORITE WALKS
- Le saut d’Acomat : after Pointe-Noire, 30 minutes of walking. Sublime river where picnic and a beautiful natural pool.
- La Maison de la Forêt, on the road D23 « La Traversée », after Pointe-Noire. A very nice walk, easy in the rainforest, with places to swim and picnic along the river.
- Ilets de Carénage, opposite Sainte-Rose (ilet blanc and ilet Caret) to visit by kayak or boat (many departures from Sainte Rose and Morne Rouge, with possibility of visiting the mangrove).
- La Soufrière : 1,5 hours driving + 3,5 hours walking. Arrive if possible before 10am to park (from here to 8:30 max). Plan a picnic and at least 1 liter of water per person. Walking shoes recommended !
We can provide you equipment and body-boards (to swim with your children).
- To see turtles: Petit Malendure (the little bay where there is boats, just near the beach of Malendure, swim above the grass behind the boats about 300m from the beach.) Fine funds on the right
- Deshaies village beach: you can see turtles, between the first boats. It is also a safe swim in bad weather and big waves!
- Beautiful seabed: town of Deshaies, along the rock on the left, behind the port; Beaches of Leroux and Petite Anse on the right; little Malendure (where the boats are moored) on the right.
- Horseback riding and swimming at « Ranch de Deux Islets » 0690616013
- Sailboat tour for the sunset … a few hours or all day. With the Talamanca, beautiful catamaran: 0690192926 (reduction if you call from us) or Keila, large monohull 0690402660. Departure Deshaies, privatization possibilities.
- Diving, departure Deshaies with Piton Diving 0690343281 or Calypso 0690670169
- Discover the Mangrove and the Grand Cul-de-Sac Saut with Nico excursion 0690530965 or Kayak with Tam-Tam Paddle 0690757002
- Discovery hikes with Yohann, off the beaten track and safely! 0690766152
WHAT TO DO IF IT’S RAINING ?
- Maison du Cacao in Pointe Noire – Informative and gourmet ! www.maisonducacao.fr
- Memorial Act in Pointe-à-Pitre – Exciting ! www.memorial-acte.fr
- Guadeloupe Aquarium in Pointe-à-Pitre – Magic ! www.aquariumdelaguadeloupe.com
- Domaine de Severin in Sainte-Rose – All about rum and cane ! www.severinrhum.com